Tuesday 16 June 2009

Back with a Bump!

Coming back from Nepal to redundancy took a while to sink in. It’s been a tough month but am finally finished with Nice Group. Am now doing some work with Captive Minds. They have been great to offer me some work. Wes was concerned, and rightly so, that this might form a conflict of interests and potentially he might be right. However, this is no strings stuff as I see it. The key is to find sponsorship for the event so that we can afford to pay CM more money. However, CM obviously have other work for me which is great.

It is bloody tough out there sponsorship-wise. Every lead eventually leads down a dead end. I don’t get it. This is a great property and to be honest I’m getting to the stage where any offer in the region of £25K would do it! £25K for this, what an unbelievable bargain.

Every company just seems the same though. They’re all so anxious about the next few years that they’ve all frozen spend. We seem to have alright leads still in with Vodafone, McCain Frozen Foods, Bremont Watches, but nothing firm. I’ve spent the last 3 weeks cold calling any company I can think of. It’s all the same story: ‘We love it, and in any other market we’d snap it up, but orders are no uneccesary spending. Sorry’. So disheartening. I’m sure we’ll get there though! Got to keep the faith!

No comments: