Tuesday 16 June 2009

Nets

One thing I’ve really loved about this expedition is the nets sessions with Hillary. Getting uber fit is brilliant too, but for me just to have coaching on my cricket is an amazing thing. Kiwi and Glen are great coaches. Essentially if you just listen to what Kiwi says and just do it, he’ll make you a better cricketer!

Cuzza has got me bowling leggies. Now I’m starting to surprise myself with the turn I’m getting. With Kiwi’s input on line and length and some help from Glen too, I’m starting to feel quite confident. Had an awesome session up at St Pauls last Sunday and was giving Glen all sorts of problems. Tom Sharland wasn’t enjoying them either.

The batting is coming along nicely too. Whilst my bowling is still prone to infuriating ‘yips’, the batting is much more consistent. Again, this is all Kiwi’s work. However, the net effect of all this is that I’ve started really looking forward to nets and can’t wait to play for the Drovers this season, and hopefully contribute more than just awesome tunes!

No comments: