Tuesday 16 June 2009

Final Preparations

Well, we are now on the eve of departure. It has been a truly manic week since I got back from Nepal. From The airport I went straight to Lord's for an expedition meeting and some nets at the MCC indoor school.

The rest of the week has been spent running around town, trying to pay all the people that need paying (insurance, equipment hire etc). The Nokia money didn't come through until yesterday, which has meant that we have had to leave a lot of things to the very last minute. Tomorrow I still need to drop cash into one of the insurance companies main account in order for us to be fully covered!

Tonight I did a studio interview with Setanta Sports, which was really fun. I also dropped round some kit to Wes' flat wher it is all being packed up ready for the off. What an amazing sight that was. We have so much equipment, there is absolutely no questioning it now, this shit just got real!

Nick Mulleneux is going to be excellent as quatermaster, looking after all the central kit. He had an impressive system. With Jamo and BJ as his Hillary lackies, I have all the faith in the world.

We also took delivery of our Nokia phones, complete with Sports Tracker. Unfortunately I haven't had time to upload any tunes onto it as would have been ideal.

Well, the UK stuff is nearly wrapped up. We've had our fairwell party, we're packed, we're fit I am now ridiculously excited. A press conference at Lord's in the morning, and finally, dare I say it, we are off!

Just one saddening thing. We have, in the time I was away, lost one of my favourite Everesters. Charlie Bathurst-Norman has had to pull out due to an ongoing stomach issues. I'm pretty upset to be leaving that man behind. I'm sure though that will make us Hillarians play that much harder on match day.

No comments: